Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version. Traditionally eggplant parmesan is breaded eggplant that is fried them topped with sauce and cheese before baking. I made this lighter low-carb version by roasting the This is the way my Mom always made Eggplant Parmesan, and I always preferred it this way over the deep fried breaded version. This Healthy Eggplant parmesan is a lightened up version of one of your favorite dishes.
This healthy eggplant parm uses roasted eggplant instead of fried and uses less breading and cheese than a restaurant version. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. Mist the tops of the eggplant slices liberally with oil spray, and lightly sprinkle with salt Sprinkle the slices with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and red pepper flakes. You can cook Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version
- It’s 2 of large eggplant.
- It’s 1 jar of Marinara sauce.
- Prepare of Oil.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Shredded Mozarella.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan.
This oven roasted eggplant recipe makes the perfect healthy addition to just about any meal. I kept the seasonings basic in these roasted eggplant slices, so that they can be used in a wide variety of ways. Turn them into eggplant Parmesan with marinara and mozzarella cheese. Try this healthier and vegetarian version of traditional eggplant Parmesan.
Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version instructions
- Preheat the oven for 400 F. Chop the ends of egg plant and discard the ends. Cut the remaining egg plants in slices. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper and cook at 400 F for 15mins on a baking pan..
- Mix water and all purpose flour in a sauce pan and whisk well..
- Turn on the the flame and whisk the sauce well without any clumps, add 1/2 jar of Marinara sauce to it and garlic and keep mixing it until thickened. Once it's thickened, turn off the stove.
- Take a deep oven dish, coat the bottom of the dish with small amount of Marinara sauce. Arrange the roasted eggplant, then top with sauce prepared and then bottled Marinara sauce. Stack other layer same way as mentioned.
- Top it with Mozarella and Parmesan. Bake at 400F for another 10mins till you see the bubbling. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a bit and Enjoy.
Thank you so much for being a part of this journey and sharing in it with me! These Roasted Eggplant Parmesan Stacks are a lighter, healthier, easier, faster, and gluten-free version of traditional eggplant parmesan! They're the perfect thing for a vegetarian dinner that feels fancy but is so easy to make. Eggplant parmesan is the ultimate vegetarian comfort food. Healthy eggplant parmesan step by step recipe with photos.