Beef on Endive with Ume Gelée Sauce.
You can have Beef on Endive with Ume Gelée Sauce using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef on Endive with Ume Gelée Sauce
- Prepare 8 slice of Wagyu beef steak.
- Prepare 8 of leaves Endive.
- You need 4 of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 dash of Green onions or scallions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare of Umeboshi gelée.
- You need 200 ml of ● Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of ● Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of ● Dashi soy sauce (optional ).
- Prepare 2 large of Umeboshi.
- Prepare 2 grams of Powdered kanten.
Beef on Endive with Ume Gelée Sauce step by step
- Chop the flesh of the umeboshi, and quarter the cherry tomatoes..
- In a small sauce pan, add the ● ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and add the umeboshi flesh from Step 1 and the powdered kanten..
- Transfer the mixture from Step 2 to a bowl and set the bowl in ice-cold water to thicken..
- Once the mixture gets thick, stir with chopsticks..
- Drizzle sake on the beef..
- Rinse the endive leaves and wipe off the excess water with a paper towel..
- Bring some water to a boil in a pot and cook the beef briefly in the boiling water..
- Dip the beef into ice cold water, drain in a colander and wipe off the excess water with a paper towel..
- Place the cooked beef on the endive leaves..
- Top the beef with the umeboshi gelée..
- Garnish with green onions and the cherry tomatoes..