Chicory and Blue Cheese Salad. Enjoy South Of The Border Flavors In This Mexican Salad. It'll Make Your Mouth Say Olé! Discard the outer leaves from the chicory and slice in half lengthways.
Blue Cheese, Walnut, and Chicory Salad. Bitter chicory is transformed with a mustard vinaigrette, nuts, and cheese. Footnotes Chef's Notes: You can use white or regular balsamic vinegar. You can cook Chicory and Blue Cheese Salad using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicory and Blue Cheese Salad
- You need 2 heads of red chicory (endive).
- It’s 40 g of blue cheese (Gorgonzola, Roquefort).
- It’s 1 of spring onion.
- You need 100 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 50 ml of red wine vinegar.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- You need of Balsamic glaze.
Make sure to use a mild-flavored olive oil. Drizzle the chicory with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Crumble half the blue cheese over the chicory, then mix the remaining cheese with the vinegar, squashing with a fork to make it creamy. Add the cream, lemon juice and crème fraîche, then whisk together.
Chicory and Blue Cheese Salad step by step
- Prepare the endive. Use a knife to release the leaves from the base. Cut them individually to keep the length of the long ones. Go until you are left with just a white core. Gently wash the leaves in cold water and dry carefully with paper towel. Lay these on a plate and arrange them how you like them. I did them in lines but you could do circular if you like..
- Crumble the blue cheese over the endive in small chunks. Make sure it’s inside the leaves and there is a good amount in each one. Slice up the spring onion very finely and do the same..
- To make the dressing, simply combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and lemon juice as you like the taste. Combine with a whisk or a Make it a bit more vinegary than you might think as the creaminess of the cheese will need this..
- Drizzle the vinaigrette into each leaf. In horizontal lines drop the balsamic glaze..
Adjust the seasoning, spoon over the salad and serve. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Season with salt Put the watercress, chicory and plums in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Tip: Use a vegetarian blue cheese if you prefer – Dolcelatte would work well. This green, leafy salad is packed with crumbly blue cheese, sugared pecans and crisp chicory, which brings a wonderful sharpness to this flavoursome dish.