Chicken Sausage With Beans And Escarole. I cannot even begin to describe how good this is! A winner with everyone in my home, even my picky kids. Add the escarole to the pot in batches; using tongs, toss with the sausage mixture to wilt the escarole and make room for more.
It was a good, simple soup, but the flavors didn't ***** away. Homemade chicken stock would probably make it much more flavorful. Add sausage to large pan on MED-HIGH. You can have Chicken Sausage With Beans And Escarole using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Sausage With Beans And Escarole
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of Cannelli beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can of Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 12 oz of Chicken sausage with Mediterranean seasoning cut into 1/4 inch rounds.
- It’s 1 can of Whole tomatoes, drained and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Whole bay leaf.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Canned low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried thyme.
- You need 1 small of escarole chopped.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Add oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic to skillet. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausages to a plate, leaving fat in pot. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add the beans, escarole, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the escarole.
Chicken Sausage With Beans And Escarole instructions
- Combine sausage, beans, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, thyme and red pepper in slow cooker and cook on low heat setting for 4 hours..
- Stir in escarole and cook an additional 5 to 8 minutes, until just wilted. Stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley..
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
With Italian-style chicken sausage, tons of veggies, beans, and escarole, this low calorie soup is sure to make your belly warm, full, and happy. Skinny on White Bean Sausage Soup with Escarole Eating plenty of hearty flavorful soups like this white bean and sausage with escarole is one of the easiest, tastiest ways I know to increase my intake. Add in the chicken broth and beans and place the lid on the pot. Beans – any white bean could be nice right here, strive navy or northern beans instead of cannellini beans. Pasta with Sausage, Escarole and Beans Escarole and beans with sausage is a typical dish in Italian cuisine.