Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole. This soup is easy to put together, and the flavor of the spicy sausage is balanced nicely by Great Northern beans, zucchini Reviews for: Photos of Italian Sausage Soup. I did use fresh spinach this time, but Swiss Chard or escarole are nice too! To truly be authentic, sprinkle each serving with.
Lentils are very popular in Italy. Especially at New Years Eve / Day. No house is without a big pot Lentils & Sausage Stew. You can cook Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 can of 28oz. whole peeled tomatoes in tomato juice.
- Prepare 5 large of potatoes, diced.
- You need 1 lb of lentils, rinsed.
- It’s 10 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Provolone cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pecorino Romano cheese, grated.
- You need 1 bunch of escarole, torn up.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of ditalini.
My mother-in-law always made a delicious homemade Lentil soup with her homemade sausages. Meanwhile, cut escarole head in half lengthwise. Cut off and discard root end. Wash lentils in colander and pick over bad pieces.
Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole instructions
- Heat the oil with the onions and salt on low heat in an 8qt pressure cooker..
- After a few minutes, toss in the garlic, and heat until the onions start to soften.
- Toss in the pork with the red pepper flakes, granulated garlic, and fennel seeds..
- When the onions are very translucent, and the pork is cooked through, add the can of tomatoes. Turn the heat up to medium high, and stir frequently, ensuring there is enough liquid on the bottom to keep everything from sticking..
- When the tomatoes are really soft from cooking, mash them up into itty bitty blobs, stir, taste, and adjust this base as needed..
- Add the potatoes and lentils and stir..
- Fill the pressure cooker up with the water to a bit over 2/3 of the pot, seal, turn the heat to high, and bring to pressure..
- Keep it at pressure 10 minutes, remove from heat, and then, 10 minutes later, cool the pot to unseal..
- Stir to break up the lentils a bit, and then add the Provolone and Romano cheeses. Stir again, taste, and adjust the salt, red pepper, and fennel, as desired..
- Return the open pot to low heat and add the escarole. Stir it a bit to incorporate..
- In a separate saucepan, boil the ditalini with a dash of salt until al dente..
- Strain the ditalini and incorporate it into the soup. Stir, taste, adjust as needed, and serve..
In soup pot, combine lentils, cold water. add to soup when ready to serve. Lentil with Italian Sausage & Escarole Soup, Small. Related products from other restaurants: Carrabba's Italian Grill, Sausage & Lentil Soup, Bowl. Lentil Soup with Italian Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper ~ Kalyn's Kitchen One-of-Everything Lentil Soup~ The Perfect Pantry Slow Cooker Vegetarian Greek Lentil Soup ~ Kalyn's Kitchen Use It or Lose It Lentil and Escarole Season soup with salt and fresh ground black pepper and serve hot. Hot Italian sausage and fresh spinach give this soup its distinctive flavor and appeal.