Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar. The Cabernet onions nicely complement the burgers. Bison (buffalo) meat is very lean and is a healthier alternative to beef. Reduce heat to medium and continue to sauté until.
Atop the cheese are sliced sweet onions that are caramelized and then cooked in. onions. thyme. cheddar cheese. Cabernet Sauvignon wine. hamburger buns. ground bison. Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? You can have Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 3 cup of sliced onions (about 2).
- It’s 3/4 cup of Cabernet Sauvignon or other dry red wine.
- You need 1 lb of ground bison (buffalo).
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped shallots.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 4 of organic hamburger buns.
- It’s 6 oz of sliced Wisconsin white cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 small of head of escarole, leaves separated.
Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include. Bison burgers are where it's at this summer. The thick, juicy patty gets topped with buttery caramelized onions and white cheddar for the best burger In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and oregano.
Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium- high heat..
- Add onions, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until tender and golden brown, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue to sauté until very tender and well browned, about 15 minutes longer..
- Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Cool, cover, and chill..
- Preheat broiler..
- Gently mix meat and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties..
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle burgers with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook until well browned, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare..
- Open buns and arrange, cut side up, on rimmed baking sheet. Place cheese slices on bun tops. Broil until cheese melts and bottom halves are lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Spread bottom halves with mustard. Top each with a few escarole leaves, then burger. Spoon onions atop burgers, dividing equally. Cover with bun tops; press lightly..
Spread mixture on bottom buns, top with romaine, burgers, caramelized onions, and. However, this recipe for Bison Burgers with Cheddar and Onions from Cooking the Cowboy Way by Grady Spears makes an extremely flavorful, juicy In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, grated cheese, onion, salt, and pepper thoroughly with your hands. Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Cheddar Cheese. This recipe for Jane's meatloaf uses lean ground bison meat in the ultimate comfort food! Top the burgers with a slice of cheese.