Meatball & Barley Soup FC. A Delicious Way to Enhance The Flavor of Sandwiches, Wraps & More! Looking for recipes from world-class chefs that will impress family, friends or guests? Discover new ways to prepare classic meatballs with recipes from Food Network.
This baked meatball recipe has been a go-to classic for generations of home cooks, who rely on its precisely perfect proportions of meat, bread crumbs, milk, egg and seasonings. Once you've mastered the basics of how to make meatballs, you can try even more time-tested recipes and modern new twists from Betty's best meatball recipes collection. Possible Meatball Recipe Variations: There are countless ways that you could customize this homemade meatball recipe, so please don't hesitate to experiment and get creative! You can cook Meatball & Barley Soup FC using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatball & Barley Soup FC
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 medium of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 of ribs celery, washed & diced.
- It’s 1 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, finely diced.
- Prepare 6 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of barley.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of plus parmesan cheese for garnish(optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans or cannellini beans (15.5oz) drained & rinsed.
- Prepare 8 cup of rough chopped escarole ( a type of endive/lettuce).
For example, feel free to… Use ground turkey or chicken: For a lighter option, feel free to use ground turkey/chicken to make turkey meatballs or chicken meatballs. Meatball Nirvana "Three of my kids had two meatball subs apiece. My son said it was better than Subway's meatball sub. Swedish Meatballs (Svenska Kottbullar) "This was DELICIOUS!
Meatball & Barley Soup FC instructions
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine to remind me what it looks like….
- in a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. add carrots, celery and onion. cook about 8 minutes. stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes. add broth,water and barley. bring to a boil..
- reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 25 minutes..
- meanwhile.. mix together ground pork, the parsley, 1/4 of the parmesan, 1/4tsp. of the salt and 1/4tsp. of the pepper..
- roll pork mix into 30 meatballs, about 1tbl. big each..
- drop meatballs into soup. stir in beans. return to a simmer and cook 5 minutes..
- stir in remaining parmesan,salt and pepper. stir in escarole..
- cook a few minutes more until meatballs are fully cooked..
- ladle into bowls and garnish with grated parmesan cheese if desired..
- Nutritional facts according to family circle magazine: serves 6: per serving: 450 calories; 17g. fat; 6g. sat. fat; 23g. protein; 51g. carbs; 13g. fiber; 772mg sodium; 46mg. cholesterol.
Meatballs were super tender." – hineybuns. Lana's Sweet and Sour Meatballs "Best recipe ever! I used fresh minced ginger in my. There's nothing quite as satisfying as a pasta bowl cradling perfectly cooked, twirled and tangled, steaming spaghetti coated in a vibrant, garlicky, San Marzano marinara sauce, all piled high and layered with homemade meatballs throughout! A meatball is ground meat rolled into a small ball, sometimes along with other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, minced onion, eggs, butter, and seasoning.