Butternut Squash with Fennel. After a summer of absorbing the sun's energy, farm-fresh Butternut Squash is ripe, sweet, and ready for autumn consumption. A gluten-free and vegan galette that's made with butternut squash, fresh apple, and fennel bulbs, not to mention beautiful. I'm all for presentation with dishes, especially those you're actually presenting to a group of people, your loved ones, and community gathered around the table.
Add fennel bulbs, chopped fronds, and squash. Cheese tortellini make this puréed butternut squash, fennel, apple and carrot soup satisfying enough for a main meal. In a large bowl, toss together the butternut squash, carrots, fennel and red apple with the olive oil, salt and black pepper until evenly coated, then spread out onto your prepared baking. You can have Butternut Squash with Fennel using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash with Fennel
- You need 2 pounds of cubed butternut squash.
- It’s 1 of large bulb and stems fennel.
- You need 3 of large Michigan red apples.
- It’s 1 pound of bulk sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of bacon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
I know the lighting is terrible at the beginning. Try butternut squash in a creamy soup, comforting risotto or simply roasted for a healthy autumnal recipe. Fennel and butternut squash stew with cannellini beans. by Pippa Middlehurst. Toss the butternut squash, fennel, and garlic in the oil.
Butternut Squash with Fennel step by step
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cube the fennel. Peel, core, and dice the apples. Slice the bacon into small pieces..
- Mix everything together, except Pink Himalayan salt and butter..
- Put the mixture into a pan, 9×13..
- Slice the butter into pats and place on top of the mixture in pan..
- Cover and put into oven for and hour and 15 minutes..
- Uncover and add Pink Himalayan salt sprinkle on top..
- Let rest 10 minutes, serve I hope you enjoy!.
Remove the tough outer leaves from the fennel then cut into quarters. Add chopped greens and stir until wilted. Taste for seasoning and garnish with fennel fronds, if desired. If you like a little acidity, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar. (I think the soup is better with. Fennel adds a slightly haunting and also amazing flavor to this Roasted Butternut Squash and Fennel Soup.