Fennel salad. This fennel salad recipe is an antidote to every side salad that ever was. This fennel salad is a classic combination – thinly shaved fennel, lemon dressing and shaved parmesan. A fennel recipe that's quick to make, it's beautifully refreshing and presents elegantly.
The fresh crisp light flavor is a delight. I saved some for the end of. This fennel salad recipe is a celebration of very simple ingredients and preparation, allowing the flavor and crunch of fennel to shine. You can cook Fennel salad using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fennel salad
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced fennel, I used bulb and some of the stems.
- It’s 3 cups of thinly sliced Iceberg lettuce.
- It’s 3 ounces of Genoa salami.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2/3 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 of diced apples, I used red delicious apples.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoon of saffron infused oil, see my recipe with same name.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dill weed.
- It’s to taste of whole leaf oregano.
- Prepare to taste of basil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- Prepare to taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s to taste of your favorite salad dressing, I used apple cider vinaigrette by Kens Steakhouse.
- You need 2/3 cup of green stuffed olives.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pinenuts.
I particularly enjoy this simple side salad with seafood and with pork. Eugenia Bone, prolific home cook, writer and author of Well-Preserved, serves this simple green salad with a cheese plate and plenty of rustic bread. Fennel slaw salad with thinly sliced fennel bulb and a fresh mint vinaigrette. Very finely slice the fennel bulbs lengthways (a mandolin makes this easier).
Fennel salad instructions
- Slice the salami thinly. Add lemon juice to fennel and apples to keep from turning colors..
- Mix all the ingredients. Dress with your favorite salad dressing.
- Toast the pine nuts. Add them as topping..
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
Cut the celery stalks into thin matchsticks. The Fennel Salad recipe out of our category main-course salad! Fennel Salad. with Citrus and Asparagus. Fennel salads for winter are a fantastic idea. I recently made one with red onions and parsley, but I This salad sounds and looks delicious.