Braised Fennel and Potatoes. Braised Fennel and Potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I braise the potatoes and fennel in half-and-half until they're soft, tender, and well-seasoned, then pop them under the broiler with a EmilyC has created the perfect lovechild of creamy and crispy potato sides. You first braise potatoes and fennel in cream, then perk them up with olive oil, chopped herbs.
Add tomatoes, bring to a simmer. Be the first to review this recipe. Braised fennel, tomatoes and potatoes make a rich and hearty side dish. You can have Braised Fennel and Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised Fennel and Potatoes
- Prepare 1 of Fennel Bulb, Large.
- You need 1 of Onion, large.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 lb of Red Potatoes.
Quarter bulb lengthwise and core, then cut. The great taste of fennel, sweet potatoes and lemon juice combined here in a delicious braised chicken recipe. I recently shared a delicious salad recipe with steak, cranberries and fennel, and I think fennel is one of those vegetables that are underused and that help bring such a light and distinct. Stir in the potatoes, browned sausages, lemon zest and juice, bay leaves, half the chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ten turns of the black pepper mill.
Braised Fennel and Potatoes instructions
- Set the circulator for 85 C / 185°F..
- Cut fennel lengthwise, thick slices..
- Halve the onion then cut lengthwise into thick slices..
- Combine fennel, onion, 1 tsp salt and pepper with the olive oil in a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal..
- Cook for 40 minutes at 85 C / 185°F..
- Cut potatoes crosswise into ¼ inch slices..
- Add potatoes, water and remaining tsp of salt into a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal..
- Cook for 25 minutes at 85 C / 185°F..
- Remove all ingredients from their pouches and blend well in a serving dish..
- Serve immediately..
Braised fennel, tomatoes and potatoes make a rich and hearty side dish. Trim stalks flush with fennel bulb and cut each bulb lengthwise into quarters, or halves, if using small bulbs. Add the potato, diced fennel, chopped garlic and liver (cut in half) and cook until golden. Beat in a little butter to finish the sauce. Serve some of the braised potato with the roasted fennel and garlic and topped with the pheasant, sauce and serve.