Roast Chicken with Fennel. Top fennel with the chicken parts, skin side up. If necessary, adjust oven temperature so chicken browns but. Roast chicken, fennel, and orange come together in this makes a bright, flavorful one-pot skillet dinner.
They all roast together at high heat, crisping up around the edges and becoming infused with the flavor of garlic and lemon. And it's so quick and easy; just cut up the fennel. Divide roasted vegetables and chicken among plates. You can have Roast Chicken with Fennel using 10 ingredients and 33 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken with Fennel
- You need 1 each of whole organic chicken approximately 4lbs.
- You need 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 each of lemon.
- Prepare 4 each of large spring onions.
- It’s 2 each of fennel.
- You need 6 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 each of carrot.
- Prepare 3 each of small onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of wine (optional).
- Prepare 4 cup of water (to make stock from wings and neck).
Garnish with reserved citrus slices and fennel fronds. Mediterranean Roast Chicken with Turmeric and Fennel. At first glance, this is a bubbling one-pan roast chicken with a beautiful golden hue. Rub chicken legs with remaining tablespoon oil, then with fennel-orange mixture.
Roast Chicken with Fennel instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut off the green tops and the bottoms of spring onion..
- Cut spring onions in pieces about 1/2 inch..
- Cut the green fronds off the fennel..
- Cut fennel in pieces about 1/2 inch..
- Peel garlic..
- Chop garlic..
- Place all in pan..
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently to combine..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired..
- CHICKEN: Place chicken in a bowl..
- Cut off neck..
- Cut off wings..
- Conserve for stock..
- Rub the outside with a coat olive oil..
- Take a lemon and pierce with a fork a few times..
- Place whole lemon in chicken cavity..
- Can tie legs together, if desire..
- Place chicken in pan with veggies. Roast 30 minutes..
- BROTH: Take the green tops from green onions and slice..
- Remove the soft part of the green fronds from fennel..
- Cut one carrot, 3 small onions, garlic for broth..
- Put chicken wings and neck in 4 cups water. Salt and pepper..
- Add carrot, onions, and garlic..
- Bring to boil, then reduce and simmer, while removing any excess fat with strainer..
- Reduce oven temp after the 30 minutes to 375°F. Stir veggies well and roast for another 20 minutes or more until internal temperature reaches 165°F..
- When ready, remove chicken from oven and cover in foil..
- Remove veggies from oven (should be golden and caramelized) into large sauce pan..
- Add 1/4 cup wine (if desired) to stock and simmer a few minutes..
- Add the fennel and spring onion tops and 1 tbs olive oil..
- Simmer until tender and begins to thicken. Add 1 to 1/2 cup of homemade stock to roasted vegetables. Remove bones from meat..
- Layer the veggies and drizzle with some sauce on a platter..
- Remove foil and add chicken..
- Serve additional veggies in broth in separate serving dish. *Adapted Andrea Reusing Roast Chicken with Fennel.
Learn how to make this Italian Roast Chicken with Fennel dish. For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow. Add chicken thighs, fennel, potatoes, onion, garlic and thyme; toss to coat evenly. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve with lemon wedges. Roasting is the easiest way to cook a chicken.