Cabbage with Fennel Seeds Curry. Maybe the mistake we're making with cabbage is that we cook it to death or don't cook it at all. By skating somewhere down the middle, Madhur Jaffrey's stir-frying method When the oil is hot, put in the cumin, fennel, and sesame seeds. As soon as the sesame seeds begin to pop, put in the onion.
You'll find fresh curry leaves at any Indian market, or if you live in a mild climate, purchase a. How to Make Fennel, Cabbage, Coconut Chicken Curry Soup. You'll learn your body type, and whether Fennel, Cabbage, Coconut Chicken Curry Soup is a good fit for you. You can cook Cabbage with Fennel Seeds Curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage with Fennel Seeds Curry
- You need 2 Tbs of Canola oil.
- Prepare of Generous pinch of asafoetida.
- You need 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chana Dal or Yellow split peas (Optional).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Fennel Seeds.
- You need 2 of Whole Dried Red chilies (Optional).
- It’s 3 Cups of shredded Green Cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Diced potato.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Cumin Seed powder.
- It’s 1-2 Tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Hi Guys, today I'll show you how to make Cabbage Curry. This is an easy and quick recipe. The Best Fennel Bulb Indian Recipes on Yummly Add in potatoes and cabbage along with turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
Cabbage with Fennel Seeds Curry instructions
- Take oil in wide pan over medium heat. When oil is hot enough put asafoetida, mustard seeds and Chana dal. As soon as the mustard seeds start to pop add fennel seeds and red chilies (I didn’t add)..
- Allow dal to get red and chilies to turn dark..
- Now, add cabbage, potatoes and add salt. Mix them well. and cook for a minute..
- Cover the pan, turn the heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked. If needed, add water..
- Uncover the lid and add Chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander cumin seed powder..
- Stir and cook for another minute or two. Serve hot with Chapati, bread or rice..
Cabbage Dry Curry Recipe – Ingredients. Grind coconut ad fennel with little water to a fine paste. Next add onion, garlic and curry leaves – saute till slightly browned. Fennel bulb and fennel seed are both used here to give this warming side dish a subtle anise flavor and tame the pungency of the cabbage. Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.