Sausage & Fennel Frittata. Make This Cheesy Breakfast Casserole Your Go-To Dish For Brunch. Italian sausage, garlic, tomatoes, red wine, and tortellini – this soup combines favorite ingredients from an Italian kitchen. You can use sweet or hot sausage, depending on your tastes, and fresh herbs if you have them on hand.
They then stuffed them into tubular casings made from the cleaned intestines of the animal, producing the characteristic cylindrical shape. Whether you prefer it spicy or sweet, sausage is a versatile family favorite with guaranteed flavor. Cook up classic and creative dishes, like stew, jambalaya, Spanish-style noodles and more with. You can cook Sausage & Fennel Frittata using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage & Fennel Frittata
- You need 1/2 lb of ground spicy pork sausage.
- It’s 1/2 of bulb fennel; small dice (save fronds).
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper; small dice.
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 C of heavy cream.
- You need 1 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 C of shredded parmesean cheese.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
- It’s as needed of sour cream.
- Prepare as needed of flat leaf parsely; chiffonade.
Sausage definition is – a highly seasoned minced meat (such as pork) usually stuffed in casings of prepared animal intestine; also : a link or patty of sausage. How to use sausage in a sentence. Sausage is a food usually made from ground meat with a skin around it. Typically, a sausage is formed in a casing traditionally made from intestine, but sometimes synthetic.
Sausage & Fennel Frittata instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and crushed pepper flakes together with a large pinch of salt and pepper..
- Heat a medium sized cast iron skillet. Add ground pork, bell pepper, and fennel with just a tiny bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper..
- When pork is browned add eggs. Stir to distribute. Cook 1 minute..
- Sprinkle parmesean across the top. Finish cooking in oven for approximately 8 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny..
- Garnish with sour cream, minced dill fronds, and parsley..
- Variations; Roasted bell peppers, jalapeños, paprika, smoked paprika, habanero, bacon, celery, carrots, swiss, provolone, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, spinach, arugula, asiago, fontina, goat cheese, eggplant, leeks, ramps, kale, corn, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, chives, cayenne, caramelized onions, shallots, green apples, asparagus, broccoli, basil, cashews, chickpeas, blue cheese, feta, swiss, manchego, coriander, ginger, mint, saffron, sage,.
Some sausages are cooked during processing and the casing may be removed after. Sausage making is a traditional food preservation technique. The hardest part is the waiting—it smells so good while it's cooking. I served this on a meat, cheese and cracker tray and totally impressed my guests." – LilSnoo. The bigger the challenge, the juicier the reward.