Carrots w/ Fennel & Dill. Stir in the carrots and fennel, and season with coriander and fennel seeds. Mix in the heavy cream, and reduce heat to low. Finely chopping carrots in the food processor, instead of grating them by hand, produced a delicately crunchy, light-textured base for our carrot salad.
Whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Top with crumbled bacon and chopped. The process makes the licorice flavor much milder than when fennel is eaten raw. You can cook Carrots w/ Fennel & Dill using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrots w/ Fennel & Dill
- It’s 5 of carrots; oblique cut.
- It’s 1 of bulb fennel; julienne.
- Prepare 1/3 bundle of dill; chiffonade.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic; minced.
- It’s 1 of lemon; zested & juiced.
- It’s 1 pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
- You need of sugar; as needed.
- It’s of olive oil; as needed.
You can roast fennel on it's own or mix it with your favorite roasted veggies. For a more precise recipe, try this. Place carrots and fennel in a single layer in prepared pan; coat with cooking spray. Season to taste with salt and pepper; sprinkle with zest.
Carrots w/ Fennel & Dill step by step
- Cover carrots in a saucepot with cold water and a pinch of salt and sugar. Boil for approximately 5 minutes until carrots are 90% cooked. Drain. Place carrots in ice water bath..
- Heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan. Add fennel with a pinch of salt and cook over over medium heat. When fennel is 80% cooked, add carrots with another pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and lemon juice..
- When carrots are 95% cooked, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add dill and lemon zest. Toss..
- Variations; Fennel seed, caraway seed, worchestershire, lemongrass, mirin, sesame seeds, sumac, clove, allspice, cardamom, dried lemon peel, butter, coconut oil, ginger, lime, pineapple juice, celery, bacon, turmeric, vinegar, wine, bourbon, thyme, coriander seed, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, chives, scallions, cumin.
In a large bowl, combine carrots, fennel, onion and lemon. Mix oil, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper; drizzle over carrot mixture and toss to coat. In a large bowl, place sliced potatoes, carrots, and fennel; add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Pour into a roasting pan/casserole dish. Toss the fennel, carrots, potatoes, and onions in a bowl with the olive oil, melted butter, salt, and pepper to taste.