Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel. Lightly pan fried breaded filet of flounder served in a lemon, wine, butter sauce with capers and parsley. A wonderful way to enjoy flounder, tilapia or any white fish. Oven Fried Chicken with Honey Garlic Sauce is an easy sheet pan meal.
Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Lightly breading and pan-frying chicken breasts creates a beautiful golden brown crust. This chicken piccata recipe with lemon caper sauce is a quick and easy weeknight meal. You can have Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin, for veggies.
- It’s 5 head of broccoli, reduced to florets and chunks.
- You need 3 stick of fennel, chopped coarsely.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 large of chicken breasts.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt, for chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper, for chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder, for chicken.
- You need 2 large of lemons, just zest.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin, for chicken.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 large of lemons, just juice.
- You need 5 tbsp of capers, optional.
- You need 1 of handful parsley, chopped, optional.
- You need 1 large of lemon, halved and sliced thin, optional.
Chicken piccata takes a beloved food—pan-fried chicken cutlets—and tops it with a simple but luxurious lemon-butter pan sauce. Japanese panko bread crumbs form a coating that becomes shatteringly crisp but still light and tender, not dense and tough. The pan sauce whips up quickly after. Learn how to make Chicken piccata stir-fry & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.
Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel step by step
- Heat a very large saucepan worth the tablespoon of oil, and heat on medium high..
- When up to temp, add the broccoli and fennel, carefully sprinkling and mixing in the salt, garlic powder, and pepper. The florets trap the seasonings, so you really can't be dumping the spices in, or certain florets will have all the spices..
- Stir in the spices, and let simmer a bit. You want to brown the veggies a little, and then stir and repeat..
- Slice the breasts down the middle, and then, using parallel cuts, cut three layers out of each half..
- In a separate bowl add the breasts, eggs, and chicken seasonings and zest, stir, and let marinate until all egg is incorporated..
- When the veggies are browned to your taste, and still a little crisp, remove the veggies from the pan, and warm on a dish in the oven at about 170°F..
- Add the additional oil to the former veggie pan and sear the marinated chicken on both sides until both sides have a nice egg-induced mottled brown-gold color, which should pretty much cook it through. Remove to a separate serving plate, and keep warm..
- Reduce heat to low, wait a moment, and when down to temp, toss in the garlic..
- When the garlic is in there a minute or so, deglaze with the wine, and stand back, then stir..
- Let the wine cook off for a couple minutes, and then add the chicken broth and lemon juice..
- Reduce the mixture to desired consistency, and add salt to taste..
- Plate 2 pieces of chicken next to the veggies, and spoon some broth over the top of the chicken..
- Garnish with parsley, capers, and lemon slices, if you like, and serve immediately. Thin strips of chicken will dry quickly..
- I would pack leftover chicken, if any, in the broth to keep it moist..
A light coating of cornstarch gives this chicken a nice brown color and a crispy exterior and it also aids in thickening the sauce. One-Pan Chicken And Broccoli Stir Fry. This does not include personalisation, which is the collection and processing of information about your use of this service to subsequently personalise advertising and/or content for you in other contexts, such as websites or. Even though the chicken is lightly breaded, it tastes clean to the palate and makes you want to go for more and more. You can make chicken piccata ahead of time but I prefer it right out of the pan with its crispy exterior – so yum!