AMIEs BAKED FENNEL. Trim and quarter the fennel bulbs, then lay in a roasting dish, scatter over the tomatoes and caraway seeds. Season with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle with oil. Italian Baked Fennel is an easy side dish, made with fresh Italian parsley, Parmesan cheese and a little Olive oil.
If you are of Italian origin, you probably know that this aromatic licorice-scented bulb is widely used in Italian cuisine. This crunchy vegetable is great in its raw state, and contributes the perfect crunch in this Fennel Orange Salad. It is also great when combined with endive and radicchio to make this Salad Pizza. You can have AMIEs BAKED FENNEL using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of AMIEs BAKED FENNEL
- Prepare 3 of bulbs of fennel.
- You need 25 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of butter.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, peeled and finely sliced.
Yes, that's right -a salad pizza! Set the feathery leaves aside to garnish the completed dish. Place in a saucepan and cover with milk. Remove the fennel and pat dry.
AMIEs BAKED FENNEL step by step
- Remove the top featherly stalks from your fennel. Cut your fennel bulbs in quarters, then cut the quarters in half..
- Put then into boiling, salted water and cook for 10 minutes..
- While your fennel is cooking, preheat the oven to 220°C and prick all your cherry tomatoes. After 10 minutes remove the fennel with a slotted spoon and put to the roasting tray..
- Add your tomatoes to the fennel water for 1 minute to loosen the skins. Drain..
- Run a little cold water over the cherry tomatoes..
- Peel the skin away from the tomatoes and then add the tomatoes to the roasting tray..
- Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and mix together..
- Try to arrange neatly so you have one layer..
- Add your butter breaking them up over the vegetable..
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot..
A very simple but totally delicious dish. Fennel is baked with cream, creme fraiche and parmesan cheese. An ideal accompaniment to many tomato based italian dishes as the creaminess balances nicely with the tomato. Fennel stalks can take the place of celery in soups and stews, and can be used as a "bed" for roasted chicken and meats. Use fennel fronds as a garnish, or chop them and use as you would other herbs, like dill or parsley.