Mattar Paneer. Matar paneer is a restaurant style creamy, delicious and rich peas paneer curry. Matar paneer is one of India's most popular paneer dishes. In most Indian homes, it is made during winters when fresh peas are in season.
Matar Paneer is a popular Indian curry dish made with green peas and cottage cheese from the North Indian cuisine. Matar Paneer – Easy Home Style. Dhaba Style Matar Paneer – Spicy in Taste. You can cook Mattar Paneer using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mattar Paneer
- It’s of For the gravy.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of cashew nuts.
- You need 1/2 of medium sized onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of medium sized tomato, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste (1" ginger, 2-3 cloves garlic.
- Prepare of For finishing the sabzi.
- Prepare of Butter/oil/ghee (butter tastes better!).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin-coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 1/8 tsp of fennel powder (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cream (or butter and milk).
- It’s 1/2 of " ginger, chopped.
- You need 1-2 of small green chilli, slits.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parboiled peas.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of paneer, cubed, slightly roasted in oil.
Matar Paneer Recipe, Learn how to make Matar Paneer (absolutely delicious recipe of Matar Paneer ingredients and cooking method) About Matar Paneer Recipe Easy Matar Paneer Recipe: An everyday dish of cottage cheese and peas mingled in a rich, tomato gravy. Matar Paneer is a dish from India, made more often in North Indian homes in dinner menu or even for lunch. Mattar paneer is a delicious Indian curry recipe made with peas and a soft cheese called paneer (although tofu is a good substitute).
Mattar Paneer instructions
- For the gravy, add oil to a pan. Once it's hot, add cashew and roast them until they are light brown..
- Add onions and salt and cook until golden..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell fades..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they get mushy..
- Once done, let it cool down and then blend to a paste..
- For finishing the sabzi, add butter (preferred) or oil to pan. Add jeera after it gets hot..
- Once it sizzles, add onions and cook till translucent..
- Add all the dry spices EXCEPT garam masala and kasuri methi; cook for 2-3 min. If it seems like the spices are burning, add 1-2 tbsp of water..
- Add coriander and cook for a minute..
- Add the gravy made earlier, tomato ketchup and cream (or butter and milk). Mix well..
- Add peas, ginger and green chilli. Add water to adjust consistency..
- Cook for 2-3 min and add the paneer cubes (lightly roasted in oil earlier).
- At the end, add garam masala and kasuri methi..
- Mattar paneer is ready! Serve hot with paratha or rice!.
The sauce is similar to a butter chicken sauce and is so tasty. We've simplified the cooking method to make it easy to make and it's every bit as good as any restaurant mattar panner. Matar paneer is a delicious curry made of paneer cubes and fresh peas cooked in a rich, spicy and tangy gravy. Matar paneer is one of my favorite North Indian dishes. Matar paneer is a popular dish ordered in Indian restaurants and is also a favorite on special occasions and parties.