Fish Gravy. The Best Fish Gravy Recipes on Yummly Meatballs And Gravy In Seconds, Sausage Gravy, Bangers & Mash With Guinness Onion Gravy. Fish gravy is a sauce for fish.
The aroma, the taste, the flavor is so delightful. Simple fish gravy recipe is an easy to make fish recipe. Made with few spices and ingredients, this is just how I make the fish gravy most of the time. You can have Fish Gravy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of salmon or any fish.
- Prepare of To sauté and grind.
- It’s 2 of onion.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 4 of garlic pods.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of For the gravy.
- Prepare 3 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 5 tsp of homemade kulambu milagai thool (or replace with 2 tsp chilly powder and 2 tsp coriander powder).
- You need of Tamarind water(water extracted from 1 Big lemon size tamarind).
- Prepare of Salt as required.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of To garnish.
- You need 4 of stem coriander leaves.
Fish gravy recipe is packed full of flavour yet quick and simple to make. This mouth-watering fish gravy recipe is lover by all age groups. Tangy, spicy fish curry goes well with fluffy white rice. Soak cod fish in water overnight.
Fish Gravy step by step
- Wash and keep the fish aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add in onion and garlic. sauté well. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Switch off the flame and add fennel seeds and coconut. Cool it and grind it into smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with oil. Sauté onion until oil separates. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Add in salt and spice powder. Mix well. Add ground paste and tamarind water. Bring it to boil. Let it boil until raw smell goes away or until gravy gets little thicken. Add in fish pieces and cook it for 5-10 mins. (When you start seeing the bubbles switch off the flame.).
- Serve with rice, idli or dosa..
Rinse and cover with water and boil until it flakes with a fork. After the cod fish was cooked where did you put it? If it was added to the milk gravy you didn't say so. Paratha with spicy fish gravy from streetfood/food streets in Kerala is a nostalgic taste when we are away from home. Here, this special curry is a very fine combo with especially Indian parotta / paratha.