Lobster potpie. Cut the lobster meat into medium-sized cubes. Place the lobster, frozen peas, frozen onions, and parsley in a bowl (there. Lobster tail meat adds a new twist to the traditional pot pie.
Brandy adds a luxurious note to these creamy lobster pot pies. Traditionally, potpie is a homey comfort food. Lobster, on the other hand, is reserved for special occasions. You can cook Lobster potpie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lobster potpie
- Prepare 1 1/2 qt of heavy cream, or split with half&half, reduced by 25%.
- It’s 1 pint of lobster stock, reduced by half.
- Prepare 1 of potato, cut in cubes and blanched.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, cut in cubes and blanched.
- It’s 1/2 of fennel, cut in cubes and blanched.
- Prepare 10 oz of chopped lobster meat.
- Prepare to taste of S&P.
- It’s 1 sheet of puff pastry, rolled to 1/16" thick and cut into 4 cir.
- You need 1 of egg for wash*.
- Prepare 2 tsp of thyme, off stems.
- It’s 1 1/2 C of asparagus, chopped (instead of potato).
- Prepare of Cornstarch (to thicken).
Put the two together and you have chef Michael Mina's signature masterpiece. This week Gross Guy teaches you how to make Lobster Pot Pie! It's like Chicken Pot Pie, but with lobster and clam chowder! Just like chicken pot pie, except with lobster.
Lobster potpie instructions
- Preheat oven to 500°. Whisk the reduced cream and lobster stock together to make sauce..
- In a pot, heat sauce with vegetables and lobster. Season to taste with S&P and add thyme..
- Place equal amounts of sauce with lobster and vegetables into 4 12oz gratin dishes. Place rolled puff pastry on top and brush with egg wash. Place in the oven for 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and serve..
- Egg wash: mix egg with 1 tsp water or milk and a pinch of salt..
- I used 1-2C chopped asparagus instead of the potato. I also added 3 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) because I felt it is to liquidy..
I thought I'll give this a twist and splurge with lobster. It turns out it's not a very good idea. I first found this recipe using cream and a. This Lobster Pie recipe is unapologetically rich and delicious — a celebration food that This dish is inspired by the original Lobster Pie recipe from The Publick House in. Lobster Pot Pies ready for the oven.