Kolkata style Chicken Briyani. Easy to make Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor Log on to www.daawat.com for more! Try this recipe of Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani and everybody will remember you. I had to try my hand at it.
How to make Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani Recipe. Kolkata style Chicken Biryani is much lighter on spices and serving potato with meat is the specialty of Kolkata Biryani. Nutmeg, Mace, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Saffron, rose water and screwpine water ( Meetha Attar) these are the quintessential ingredients for this Biryani. You can cook Kolkata style Chicken Briyani using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kolkata style Chicken Briyani
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- You need 500 gm of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 3 of medium size slice onions.
- It’s as needed of oil for frying the birista and cooking.
- It’s 1 cup of curd.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of birista (fried onion).
- You need 1 tsp of Kewra water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rose water.
- It’s 1 tsp of meetha attar.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of briyani masala powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 5 piece of alubukhara (dried plums).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated khoya.
- It’s 1 1/4 cuo of milk.
- Prepare pinch of saffron strands.
- Prepare 2 tsp of melted butter.
- You need 4 tsp of melted ghee.
Authentic Indian Bengali Kolkata or Calcutta style Mughlai chicken dum biryani recipe, learn how to make or cook delicious, aromatic chicken dum biryani step by step. Today I am gonna post about my favorite dish here which is Kolkata style Chicken Dum Biryani. Kolkata Chicken Biryani lovers get ready to be surprised as you find marinated chicken, aloo (potato) & dim (boiled eggs) hidden amongst the fragrant long grains of the finest Daawat basmati rice,dum cooked in yakhni gravy to perfection in a sealed handi. How to cook Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani.
Kolkata style Chicken Briyani step by step
- First make birista for deep fry the slices onions till slightly golden in color then fry the potatoes once done keep it aside..
- Then marinate the chicken for this in a large mixing bowl mix together curd,ginger garlic paste,red chili powder, birista,kewra water,salt,biryani masala powder,pepper powder then add chicken pieces keep it aside for few hours,soak the rice for 30 minutes..
- Then heat a kadhai add some oil then add the marinated chicken pieces add the potatoes cook it on a low medium flame till it done.
- Now separate the chicken pieces and little gravy contain in it, set the kadhai grease it with some ghee then boil the rice with whole garam masala parboiled the rice, now assemble everything together..
- Some chicken pieces,potatoes,dried plum sprinkle with some biryani masala powder,grated khoya put some rice then soaked saffron milk mixture then again layered with rice sprinkle with biryani masala powder,grated khoya milk essence mixture melted butter ghee mixture and birista..
- Cover it with aluminum foil then put the lid on it cook it on very low flame for 35 minutes then turn off the heat keep it aside for 30 minutes then serve hot..
The Kolkata biryani has a separate traditional biryani recipe. Also fry the potatoes and keep them aside. Kolkata Biryani is known for its distinct subtle taste where fragrant rice is mixed with big pieces of meat, potatoes and Eggs. Said to have been brought over by Wajid Ali Shah of Awadh who had been deported to Kolkata. Aloo Chicken Biryani tastes amazingly delicious and if it's made in the unique style of Kolkata then it turns out to be irresistible to taste.