Fried Spinach feta Hand Pies. The spinach and feta filling you know and love from this Greek dish is tucked inside whole-wheat pizza dough, then wrapped and baked into portable hand pies. This recipe is a riff on the traditional Greek pie, spanakopita, that sandwiches a spinach and feta filling between layers of buttery and flaky phyllo dough. Lightly stir the feta and parsley into the filling mixture and stuff the hand pies.
Fitness Recipes- Feta CornBread – Super Filling Breakfast. Saute onion and garlic until soft and lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. You can have Fried Spinach feta Hand Pies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Spinach feta Hand Pies
- You need of Favorite hand pie dough recipe.
- It’s 1 package of chopped frozen spinach.
- You need 1 of shallot finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare to taste of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need to taste of Grated nutmeg.
- Prepare to taste of Crumbled feta.
- You need 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
In a medium bowl, mix together eggs and feta. Prepare Crazy Feta and spinach filling: In a medium mixing bowl, add one package of CAVA Crazy Feta, mashed potatoes, and spinach. To make the spinach filling,combine the chopped scallions and olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped spinach, parsley, dill, and mint.
Fried Spinach feta Hand Pies step by step
- In a skillet heat the oil and red pepper flakes. Add the shallot when the oil is hot..
- Once the shallot is soft add the spinach, garlic and nutmeg..
- Once everything is softened move to a large bowl to let cool slightly..
- Roll out the hand pie dough and cut into 6 inch rounds..
- Lightly stir the feta and parsley into the filling mixture and stuff the hand pies..
- Shallow fry the hand pies and let cool on a wire rack. Serve with your favorite sides or with gyros..
Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium high heat until the spinach wilts. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until cool. Use your hands to squeeze excess moisture from the spinach and return to the bowl. Stir in feta, coriander, parsley, egg, salt and pepper.