Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita). If you like Greek spanakopita, you'll love this phyllo chicken recipe for dinner. Like the Mediterranean pie, this ground chicken casserole idea is loaded with spinach and feta and topped with flaky phyllo dough. Autumn Chicken and Phyllo Dough Pot Pies.
Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie – A creamy, cheesy and delicious mixture of chicken and spinach nestled between crispy and flaky phyllo sheets. In my attempt to create something different, I took out the phyllo sheets, combined some not-so-tasty cheese-veggie-filling ingredients and made us a. Wash the chicken with cold water and pat it dry. You can cook Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita) using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita)
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken boiled & shredded.
- You need 2 of medium size Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 6 sheets of Phyllo Dough.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
Make sure to remove anything that may be inside the cavity. Pour the olive oil over the chicken and season Brush the baking pan with melted butter. Phyllo pizza with chicken, vegetables, fresh cilantro and mint leaves. The flaky phyllo dough and fresh herbs take pizza to a new level of gourmet.
Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita) instructions
- Chop and boil chicken..
- When the boiled chicken has cooled off shred with a fork..
- Slightly beat 2 eggs before adding into the chicken..
- Toss into the shredded chicken the cheese and eggs and a pinch of salt..
- Brush baking pan with olive oil and start to slowly layer the 3 sheets of Phyllo..
- Add in the chicken mixture..
- Layer the last 3 sheets of phyllo on top of the chicken mixture and brush each sheet with olive oil..
Next, I melted half a stick of butter and combined that with olive oil. I brushed a large baking sheet with the oil-butter mixture and began laying my phyllo. Home » Chicken Recipes » Healthy Chicken Pot Pie with Phyllo Crust. Phyllo dough is a perfect option! Instead of using two pie crusts, all you need are a few sheets of phyllo to top the entire dish.