Cookies with feta cheese. Feta cheese is made out of sheep's milk, occasionally with added goat's milk, and has tangy, creamy, and salty characteristics that make it a favorite inside and outside of Greece, where the most famous type of feta comes from. Although many other countries produce their own similar types of this. When Greek grandmothers want to add flavor to a dish, they don't reach for the Cheddar.
Feta cheese makes a wonderful addition to salads or sandwiches, or as a garnish for meat or vegetables. Generally made with goat milk, it can be made with cow milk if desired. Recipes You'll Bake And Share Again and Again. You can cook Cookies with feta cheese using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cookies with feta cheese
- Prepare 1 stick of margarine ( room temperature).
- It’s 2 1/2 ounce of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 200 gram of feta crumbled.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of parsley.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of dill.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- You need to taste of Salt and red flakes pepper.
- It’s of Nigella seeds to decorate.
- It’s 3 tbsp of thick plain yogurt.
Reviews for: Photos of Zucchini and Feta Cheese Fritters (Kolokithokeftedes). Greeks are the highest consumers of cheese, with feta making up over half of the cheese consumed. It is added to almost every single pie such as spanakopita (spinach pie), tyropita (cheese. And many of these favorite salads with Feta Cheese are the ones I make when I need to take a salad to a Denny Family Party or a pot luck, although my family does have a few Feta avoiders!
Cookies with feta cheese step by step
- In a large mixing bowl mix margarine and feta cheese.
- ( separate one of egg's yolk aside ) add one whole and the other's white.
- Add yogurt.
- Add baking powder.
- Add pepper and salt.
- Add chopped parsley and dill.
- Add vegetable oil and flour.
- Mix all the ingredients well, dough will not dry nor too juicy , if necessary add some more flour..
- Give some shapes to dough, using parchment paper place on a baking tray, set the oven 375°F.
- Brush cookies with egg yolk.
- Add nigella seeds top of them.
- Cook until they are golden about 20-25 minutes. Make sure bottom of the cookies also cooked ! Will come up with 20 cookies.
But for people who love Feta, choose a salad with ingredients that appeal to you and enjoy! Feta cheese is delicious crumbled over traditional Mediterranean salads or in Mediterranean-style sandwiches like gyros and donairs. The cheese will become drier and more easy to crumble with time. The Best Feta Cheese Pizza Recipes on Yummly Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website.