Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Zucchini Pasta with Chicken. Huge Selection of Unsweetened, Freeze-Dried, Organic & More. Save On Organic Food, Natural Snacks, Nut Butters, Tea, Coffee, and Bars, at Vitacost®! Oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes with fresh herbs or garlic added must be refrigerated after opening.
Arrange tomatoes cut side up on baking sheet. Sun-dried tomatoes are ripe tomatoes that lose most of their water content after spending a majority of their drying time in the sun. These tomatoes are usually pre-treated with sulfur dioxide or salt before being placed in the sun in order to improve colour and appearance. You can have Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Zucchini Pasta with Chicken using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Zucchini Pasta with Chicken
- You need 2 large of Zucchini.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Crumbled feta cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sundried tomato.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt, pepper, garlic.
- You need 1 dash of Olive oil.
- You need 2 large of Chicken breast.
Sun-dried tomatoes stored in olive oil are perfectly edible (and delicious!) served right out of the jar. Commercially packed sun-dried tomatoes in oil (or olives in oil) should keep indefinitely, as long as you use clean utensils to fish them out of the jar. Home-made dried tomatoes should never be packed in olive oil, as the exclusion of air from the environment makes a perfect situation for the growth of Clostridium botulinum. How long sun-dried tomatoes last depends partly on how you store them.
Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Zucchini Pasta with Chicken step by step
- Spiralize zucchini into pasta-like strings with a veggie spiralizer. I bought a little handheld on from Amazon for $8..
- Mince sundried tomato..
- Place zucchini pasta in glass bowl and microwave for 2 minutes..
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, sundried tomato, and feta cheese. Mix together. Serve warm..
- Cook chicken, if desired, and serve along side zucchini pasta..
TIP: To preserve sun-dried tomatoes for longer, you can store sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil. While fresh tomatoes are plump, firm and juicy, sun dried tomatoes are shriveled, chewy, and darker than the fresh version. They also pack an incredibly intense tomato flavor that makes a wonderful addition to many dishes, whether used as is or rehydrated. Sundried Tomato American Bistro & Catering located in San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente specializes in innovative California cuisine at reasonable prices in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Found a great source for food preserving info at www.faqs.org, very pleased with my dried tomatoes!