Watermelon and Feta salad. Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Watermelon salad is bursting with flavors from the juicy watermelon and salty feta cheese, then topped off with hints of lime and mint. It is the perfect fresh sweet and savory mix of flavors that just scream summer! Summertime has the best flavorful watermelon and perfect for enjoying during the warmer months! You can have Watermelon and Feta salad using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Watermelon and Feta salad
- You need 1 of small whole seedless watermelon.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, thinly sliced.
- You need of Juice of two limes.
- Prepare 1 c of pitted kalamata olives.
- It’s 1/2 lb of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 c of parsley and mint.
- Prepare to taste of red pepper flakes or chili oil.
- Prepare of Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Gently toss watermelon, onion, basil, cilantro, mint, lime juice, feta cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Here's a healthy salad recipe to make at the height of summer when watermelon and cucumbers are at their juiciest and most flavorful. Feta adds the perfect creamy, salty, tangy edge, and mint makes this salad taste even brighter. This is one easy side salad you'll want to serve at all your summer BBQs.
Watermelon and Feta salad step by step
- Finely slice red onion and marinate in the juice of two limes and set aside..
- Cut watermelon first in half..
- Then cut it into wedges.
- Then cut like this.
- And this….
- And finally like this to make equal sized bite size pieces.
- This is what the watermelon looks like all cut up.
- Then rinse the olives and cut them in half.
- Then cut up the feta like this.
- And then make small cubes…..
- Then mix it all together with the parsley, mint, a drizzle of olive oil and pepper, chili oil or red pepper flakes to taste. I like the combination of spice with the cool watermelon, the creamy and salty feta and the herbs. Delicious and healthy too!.
A simple and healthy Greek Watermelon Feta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette. Sweet and juicy watermelon, fresh cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, salty olives, and feta cheese are combined to create a refreshing summer salad that's pretty and so delicious. Finish this quick and simple salad with a drizzle of basily balsamic vinaigrette and flaky seas salt. This easy summer watermelon salad is perfect to make for eating under the warm sun. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.