Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint. Season the stew with Kosher Salt (to taste) and Ground Black Pepper (to taste). This hearty vegetarian dish is packed with flavor from the blend of vibrant spices (like paprika, cumin, and more) in our tomato-based stew. A healthy lentil moroccan stew made with chickpeas, butternut squash, and lentils!
Add the onion and garlic; cook a few minutes or until the onion becomes. The specialty is couscous, and the various stews you ladle over it. Alex had the chicken, I had the vegetables, but I hear we really missed out on the Royal, which is One year ago: Goulash Two years ago: World Peace Cookies. You can cook Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint
- It’s 1 small of acorn squash, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 small of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin, ground.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander, ground.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, ground.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 2 of Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of chickpeas, cooked.
- It’s 6 cup of water, divided.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Israeli couscous.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 of sprigs fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 oz of feta cheese, crumbled.
Transfer squash to serving platter; sprinkle with sage and feta. This Instant Pot acorn squash is quick to make using a pressure cooker! This vegetarian stuffed acorn squash features a rice stuffing with toasted All opinions are our own. What better combination of fall ingredients to kick off the season than squash and pecans?
Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint instructions
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut off the blossom end and bottom of the acorn squash. The squash should sit flat on your cutting board. Remove the tough outer skin by cut- ting around the meat of the vegetable and rotating the squash. Cut the squash in half. Remove seeds and inner pulp with a kitchen spoon. Slice the squash into pieces length-wise. Take each slice of squash and cut into chunks..
- Heat a medium-large saucepot over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion and garlic, cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low, add spices, salt and pepper. Cook while stirring for another 2-3 minutes. Add squash and cook 4-5 minutes while stirring. Turn heat to high. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium-low, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add 3 cups of water and the couscous to a medium saucepot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and stir occasionally. Cook until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and season with salt and butter..
- The stew is ready when the squash is tender and the sauce is slightly thickened. If too thick, add a little water. If too thin, cook for 4-5 more minutes. Season the stew with salt and pepper..
- Divide the couscous between two bowls, ladle the stew on top, then finish with mint, remaining olive oil and feta cheese. Enjoy!.
Alex and I created this Instant Pot acorn. Add squash and toss well to coat with the spiced oil. To serve, spoon the farro on a platter and top with the squash, feta, mint or arugula, or both, and a. Ladle chickpea stew around couscous in each bowl. This exotically flavored stew can be stretched to feed a crowd when ladled over rice or potatoes.