Couscous and Feta Stuffed Red Peppers. Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray. Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan, add the couscous, cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Couscous and Feta-Stuffed Peppers Adapted from Epicurious.
Increase the heat to medium- high and add the lamb and oregano to the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Tip the couscous into a heatproof bowl. Cover with a plate or cling film. You can cook Couscous and Feta Stuffed Red Peppers using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Couscous and Feta Stuffed Red Peppers
- It’s 2 large of red peppers.
- You need 1 cup of couscous (uncooked).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of liquid (water or broth).
- Prepare 1/4 large of purple onion diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 oz of crumbled feta cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of roasted corn (fresh or frozen).
Roast the pepper on a non-stick baking tray for ten minutes or until it starts to soften. Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot. Put the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water. Stir the lemon, feta, coriander and orange juice into the couscous and season well.
Couscous and Feta Stuffed Red Peppers step by step
- Bring liquid and 1 tbsp. Olive oil to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add couscous and turn off heat. Allow to sit for five minutes then fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Cut red peppers in half length wise and remove seeds and veins. Place in a baking dish and set aside.
- Add diced onion, crumbled feta, and roasted corn to couscous. Toss gently.
- Stuff peppers with couscous mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes depending on how soft you like your peppers.
Fill the peppers with a couple of spoonfuls of couscous, drizzle over a little oil and serve with any remaining couscous. Meanwhile cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Mix with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste. To blanch the peppers, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a large bowl, combine couscous, peas, ½ cup Feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, cumin and red pepper.