Asian Pear Jam.
You can cook Asian Pear Jam using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian Pear Jam
- You need 1 kg of Asian pear (peeled).
- It’s 100 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon.
Asian Pear Jam instructions
- Peel the pear and the lemon and cut into chunks..
- Cover Step 1 with sugar and leave to sit for 30 minutes until the moisture is released from the fruit. Quite a lot will draw out..
- Turn on the heat and simmer while occasionally stirring to prevent burning until the volume lessens to 1/3..
- You can leave the pears in chunks or whiz them in a blender!.
- I kept the pears chunky and the jam thick. Store the unused portion in an airtight jar..
- Since I wanted to try out the jam, I topped it over pancakes..
- The jam is slightly sweet with the taste of real fruit. You can probably use one whole jar in 2-3 occasions if topping it on pancakes..