Strawberry Fig Jam. Anyone can make Fig-Strawberry Jam after reading this web page! Making and canning your own jam is also quite easy. Combine chopped strawberries, figs, and sugar.
Have you ever wondered how to make Strawberry Jam? I have a tried and true strawberry jam recipe that I make every year after we visit our local strawberry. This luscious Fig & Strawberry Jam is quick to make, and tastes fresh and fruity – full of the tastes of a I like my jam to taste fresh and fruity, rather than very sweet and over-cooked, so my two top jam. You can cook Strawberry Fig Jam using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Fig Jam
- It’s 4 cup of Chopped figs.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped strawberry.
- It’s 4 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 2 box of Sure jell or any pectin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
Figs and strawberry gelatin make a canned fruit preserve that everyone will swear is made of "Everyone thinks these are strawberry preserves. No one has a clue they are made with figs! Get Fresh Strawberry Jam Recipe from Food Network. Ina's fresh strawberry jam: how to have summer's berries with you all year.
Strawberry Fig Jam step by step
- Chop (or easiest way blender) up figs and strawberrys. I always have tons of figs so I make several batches but chop all ingredients first.
- Put 6 cups of fruit mixture (I say mixture bc I blend it all together) in large saucepan and turn on heat to medium.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix 1 1/2 packets of pectin with 1/2 cup of sugar then pour and stir in mixture until no lumps remain.
- Bring to a hard boil stirring constantly until the boil can't be stirred away then add remaining 3 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Stir until no lumps then cook for 10-12 minutes stirring constantly as burning can happen.
- Keep a spoon in ice water, dry it quickly then drizzle a small amount onto spoon to see if jam sets properly..
- If it doesn't there's 2 things you can do: 1 add cornstarch (that is dissolved all the way in a separate cup) to jam and test until it's to your liking or 2 add the other half or pectin with 1/2 cup of sugar and dissolve in jam.
Small batch strawberry jam that you make in a microwave oven. Put in small jars and seal. This sweet fig jam is so easy to make at home! Unlike the more common jams such as strawberry or raspberry, fig jam has a unique taste that is kind of fancier and pairs perfectly with cheeses. View top rated Fig strawberry jam recipes with ratings and reviews.