Fig Gelatin. Mix figs and sugar together in a large saucepan, place over medium heat, and cook, stirring often, until sugar has dissolved. Put in hot jars and seal. Strawberry Fig Jam made with figs, sugar and strawberry jello.
Gently mash figs and transfer to soup pot. There is no need to remove skins. Add lemon juice, sugar and gelatin mix to mashed figs. You can have Fig Gelatin using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fig Gelatin
- You need 4 of fresh figs.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 5 g of unflavored gelatin powder.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of apricot brandy.
Remove the preserves, mason jars and lids from heat. Heat figs, sugar, and strawberry gelatin together in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a rolling boil. Combine the sugar, gelatin (jello) strawberries and figs in a large pot. Put the pot on the stove over medium to high heat (stir often enough to prevent burning).
Fig Gelatin instructions
- Peel the skin off the figs..
- In a sauce pan, add the water, sugar and brandy. Heat over low heat. Add the figs and simmer it for 10 minutes. (The syrup turns light pink color!).
- Turn off the heat and when it's cool enough, store in a container with lid in the refrigerator overnight..
- Take the figs out from the syrup. Cut into quarters gently and set the figs in the small glasses..
- Heat syrup in a sauce pan until boiling. Turn off, add gelatin and mix well to dissolve..
- Pour into the glasses on top of the figs and chill for 2 hours, until set..
- Yaay! Enjoy your fresh dessert!!!.
Combine the figs puree and sugar in a large saucepan and place over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and bring to a simmer. I found your site when I googled for Strawberry Jello Fig Preserves. Figs have a natural, honey-like sweetness, so lemon adds a nice bit of acidity and brightness. The ripe fruit is cooked down slowly with an equal amount of sugar and some lemon slices, resulting in a delicious spread perfect on a biscuit or served with a cheese platter.