Chia Planks. Frost will stop the growth of flowers, and. This is an update on my attempt at growing Chia plants for their seeds. The seeds can be eaten or they can be sprouted and.
Some are fed to the hens, some are used as mulch. Chia is a herbaceous annual plant of the lamiaceae family. Plants belonging to this Chia is a shrubby plant, like most of the lamiaceae. You can cook Chia Planks using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chia Planks
- Prepare 1 cup of Chia Seeds.
- Prepare 1 cup of old fashion oats.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Bran Bud cereal.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pumpkin spice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- It’s 6 of pitted figs – minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
Chia is a fast growing plant that is naturally resistant to heat, drought, disease, and pests. Needing little by way of fertilization, they are very low-maintenance, are self-pollinating. Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia hispanica, which is related to the mint. Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans back in the day.
Chia Planks instructions
- Heat oven to 325 and line medium cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl, let sit 10 minutes so figs get soft..
- Pour wet into dry and stir till well mixed. Pour out on to lined pan. Spread mixture about to about a quarter inch thick..
- Bake 30 minutes. Rove from oven cut into planks, carefully turn planks over and bake 30 more minutes. Let completely cool on cookie sheet..
Chia seeds can be grown in pots, but I've always found the growth to be stunted. Chia plants grow the size of a large bush and much prefer the garden. Uses Ethnobotanic: Chia, the Spanish name for Salvia columbariae, is a plant of great economic importance to many Native American tribes in California, who have long used. They are terracotta pots shaped like animals or The seeds will sprout a few days after you plant them. Your Chia Plant stock images are ready.