Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños. The secret to a perfect appetizer: jalapenos + cream cheese + cheddar cheese + bacon. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! Mix cream cheese and Cheddar cheese together in a bowl until evenly blended.
Arrange bacon-wrapped peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Slice each jalapeno pepper in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and discard. Bacon wrapped cheesy stuffed jalapeños are incredibly easy to make- just as all football party food should be (looking at you beer cheese dip and sweet & spicy honey Chex mix). You can have Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños
- You need of 1 serving/wrapped jalapeño.
- You need 1 large of jalapeño (or whatever size you'd like).
- You need 2 of dates (or figs, if you're feeling fancy).
- You need 2 oz of goat cheese (can Sub in gorgonzola or cheese w/similar texture).
- Prepare 1 slice of Bacon (or equivalent prosciutto if that's what you like!).
These jalapeños are a great make-ahead option, too. If you're tailgating in the morning or hosting guests and don't have time to prep that day- you can. Combine the sausage and cheese; stuff into jalapenos. Wrap each with a piece of bacon; secure with toothpicks.
Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Either use nonstick cookie/baking sheet or prep by covering with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slit the jalapeño vertically on the side, but do not slice all the way through. Core and de-seed to your preference..
- Do the same with the dates (I used medjool dates), but it's not a big deal if you accidentally slice all the way through..
- Using 1 teaspoon (or small spoon), dollop out some of the goat cheese (or gorgonzola or similar consistency cheese that you'd like the flavor to come out) into the date(s) and close the date up. Since the cheese will be creamy/sticky, the date should stay closed..
- If you're using a large jalapeño, you can stuff 2 of these stuffed dates (or figs) into it..
- *Keep in mind that depending on the size of your jalapeño, you may only be able to stuff it with one of these stuffed dates (or figs)..
- If you LOVE bacon (or prosciutto, if you choose to use that), then you can use two slices or one thick cut, whatever your preference. I used one slice and wrapped around the jalapeño. Use toothpicks to hold in place, as necessary..
- Load your bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with goat cheese stuffed dates (or whatever variety you end up with) onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or check every 5 minutes thereafter until the bacon is crispy/at the consistency you and/or your guests enjoy it. (If you've stored it away in the fridge before baking it (for an event, e.g.), then double the initial baking time.).
- Let cool for 5 minutes, but be aware they're piping hot! 10 minutes might cool them too much, but use your discretion and kick off the game (or whatever you happen to be doing while enjoying these delights)!.
Wrap each jalapeño in a piece of bacon and insert a toothpick to hold the bacon in place; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Secure the bacon with toothpicks as needed. How to make Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers recipe: Cut the stems off and cut the jalapeños in half length wise. Use a spoon to scrape out all the seeds. Spoon about a tablespoon of cream cheese in the middle of each jalapeño.