Blue Moon Beef Stew.
You can have Blue Moon Beef Stew using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blue Moon Beef Stew
- You need 2 lb of beef stew meat.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery; large dice.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion; large dice.
- It’s 1 of butternut squash; large dice.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper; large dice.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves; slivered.
- You need 3 of large scallions; julienne.
- It’s 1 of orange; zested.
- You need 2 T of ginger; grated.
- It’s 2 T of orange dalmation fig spread.
- You need 3 T of blue moon white belgian ale seasoning.
- It’s 1 pint of Blue Moon beer.
- It’s 48 oz of beef stock.
- Prepare of clarified butter & vegetable oil; as needed.
Blue Moon Beef Stew step by step
- Other spices needed: 1 T onion powder, 1 T garlic powder, 2 T ground coriander, 1 bay leaf, 1 t ground jalapeño powder, kosher salt, and ground white pepper..
- Season meat on all sides with half the blue moon seasoning and the remaining spices including kosher salt and white pepper..
- Heat a combination of clarified butter and vegetable oil in a large pot. Brown beef on all sides in 2 or 3 batches to avoid over crowding the pot. Set aside..
- Add veggies. Season with a pinch of salt. Stir. Cook for 1 minute. Add beef..
- Add beer, remaining blue moon seasoning, bay leaf, and ginger. Scrape up brown bits from pot with kitchen spoon. Reduce by 3/4..
- Add stock and squeeze juice from orange into pot. Simmer for approximately 1.5-2 hours or until beef is tender..
- Whisk 1 T cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water. Add to stew while stirring vigorously. Bring to simmer for 2 minutes. Add fig spread. Stir. Garnish with orange zest and scallions..
- Variations; Pork, chicken, blue moon beer, spotted cow beer, other ales or lagers, cilantro, worchestershire sauce, H1 sauce, sour cream, heavy cream, white or yellow aged cheddar, gruyere, potatoes, celery root, celery seed, lavender, herbes de provence.