Fish Gravy. Fish curry recipe – Simple, delicious & flavorful Indian fish curry in a onion tomato base. Fish is one of the favorite sea foods at home and most times it is the fish fry or the pepper fish that is made as they are quick to make. I rarely make fish curry at home in Singapore as we do not like the taste of the variety we get here.
Warm weather is prime time for fish tacos, but some recipes can do some serious damage to your beach ready body. Fish gravy recipe is packed full of flavour yet quick and simple to make. This mouth-watering fish gravy recipe is lover by all age groups. You can have Fish Gravy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of salmon or any fish.
- You need of To sauté and grind.
- It’s 2 of onion.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 4 of garlic pods.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of For the gravy.
- It’s 3 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 5 tsp of homemade kulambu milagai thool (or replace with 2 tsp chilly powder and 2 tsp coriander powder).
- Prepare of Tamarind water(water extracted from 1 Big lemon size tamarind).
- Prepare of Salt as required.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of To garnish.
- Prepare 4 of stem coriander leaves.
Tangy, spicy fish curry goes well with fluffy white rice. People eat fish gravy a lot in Africa. Especially those living in Atlantic coastal countries. Liberians eat it in the morning with boiled cassava, plantains, and eddoes.
Fish Gravy step by step
- Wash and keep the fish aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add in onion and garlic. sauté well. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Switch off the flame and add fennel seeds and coconut. Cool it and grind it into smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with oil. Sauté onion until oil separates. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Add in salt and spice powder. Mix well. Add ground paste and tamarind water. Bring it to boil. Let it boil until raw smell goes away or until gravy gets little thicken. Add in fish pieces and cook it for 5-10 mins. (When you start seeing the bubbles switch off the flame.).
- Serve with rice, idli or dosa..
For dinner, it goes with rice and split peas, rice and kidney beans, checked rice, and more. Let's get started with the Easy Fish Gravy Recipe-How to make fish gravy recipe. All you have to do is dry roast the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. And then grind it along with the onion and coconut paste. And then we mix this onion coconut paste with the spices, green chili, finely chopped tomatoes, spices, oil, tamarind pase and fish.