You can cook Korean Kimchi using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Korean Kimchi
- It’s of Paste.
- It’s 1 Cup of Korean Chill Flakes.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 15-20 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 4-6 Inches of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 of Cap Coarse Sea Salt.
- It’s 4 TBSP of Miso Paste.
- You need 1 TBSP of Sugar or 1 Slice of Asian Pear.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 1 of Napa Cabbage.
- It’s 2-3 of Carrots.
- You need 2 Bunches of Spring Onions.
Korean Kimchi instructions
- Cut napa cabbage into quarters, each quater into squares (approx 2 inches square).
- Shred carrots and chop green onions.
- Put chopped and shredded vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle salt into the bowl.
- Massage and coat vegetables evenly with salt until they wilt.
- Fill the bowl with clean cold water.
- Soak it for 1.5 – 3 hours.
- Peel Garlic.
- Skin & cut ginger into small pieces.
- Put all paste ingredients into the food processor and blend until the texture is consistent.
- Drain vegetables and dry them as much as possible..
- Put drained vegetables back into a large bowl.
- Add kimchi paste in and mix it evenly.
- Find a large jar and jam pack it in.
- Seal it toght but, open it daily and poke it with a clean utensil to let air out.
- The longer you keep it the stronger it gets. It’ll be ready to consume almost immediately. However, I recommend to let it ferment for at least 2 days..