Eggplant with Minced Fish. Once again let's do cooking. eggplant with minced fish is a very typical Hong Kong dish that you will surely love. easy to cook and delicious. The eggplants and minced meat are braised in a combination of spicy bean paste and soy sauce. It then absorbs all the umami like a sponge.
Return the eggplants along with fried minced pork, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Garnish chopped green onion (green parts) and serve But fish fragrant is another taste with different sauce. Do not use so much vinegar in common braised eggplants, since we do not contain enough sugar. You can cook Eggplant with Minced Fish using 3 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant with Minced Fish
- Prepare 1 piece of eggplant.
- Prepare of Any kind of fish.
- You need of Spring onion.
Transfer minced fish into a large bowl. Add marinade and stir in, mushroom, shrimp and spring onion, toward one direction only, either clockwise or anticlockwise because you want to produce some fish paste with springy texture. Until you feel really hard to stir, uour fish paste is ready then. Some versions of fish-fragrant eggplant contains minced pork for added richness and umami, but our version does not.
Eggplant with Minced Fish instructions
- Wash and cut half the fish. Scrape it using spoon and remove all fish bone. Put in a bowl and marinate with a little salt, sesame oil and white pepper.
- Wash eggplant and cut it diagonal. Put a little cornflour on the surface then place the minced fish. Flatten it and steam for 8 to 10 mins. Garnish with spring onion.
While we do use chicken broth in the sauce, you could substitute vegetable broth or water for a completely vegan version. While chicken broth will add extra umami, there's a lot of other. The eggplants and minced meat are braised in a combination of spicy bean paste and soy sauce. It then absorbs all the umami like a sponge. Also, don't underestimate the salted fish, as it adds another layer of aroma to the dish.