Cantonese Steamed Fish. This Cantonese steamed fish is a traditional and simple dish that's often served as one of the final courses in a traditional Chinese wedding banquet right before the last rice and the noodle course. This Cantonese steamed fish is one of our family's favorites. The whole fish is steamed and then dressed with julienned green onion (scallion) and ginger.
Take note to adjust the steam timing depending on the size of the fish. Juicy succulent white steamed fish with soy sauce served with shiitake mushroom, green onion, and tomato slices. Steamed fish with ginger and spring onions is one of the easiest and best steamed fish recipe available. You can cook Cantonese Steamed Fish using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cantonese Steamed Fish
- You need 1 of white meat fish, more or less 400 gr (I used trout fish).
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 inches of ginger, thinly sliced into toothpicks size.
- You need 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of seafood soy sauce (I used Lee Kim Kee Seasoned Soy Sauce for Seafood).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt (if you like it a bit salty – I didn’t use any).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare slices of red chili peppers for garnish.
Flavors of ginger, cilantro and green onion make this light and easy Cantonese steamed fish a standout dish for a quick weeknight dinner, or the perfect side for a full Chinese meal. Choose the freshest fish Fresh fish have the following attributes: clear, shiny and bulging eyes, bright red gills, shiny and firm scales. I love Chinese-style steamed fish-fresh-from-the-tank live fish steamed with soy sauce and topped I am very fortunate to have learned the secret recipe and tricks from a Cantonese chef that would. To make the fish, pat the fish dry with kitchen towels and rub evenly with the salt, rubbing it inside the Put the plate of fish in the steamer or on the rack, cover tightly and steam until it is just cooked.
Cantonese Steamed Fish instructions
- Wash and pat dry the fish with paper towel. Place the fish on top of a heat resistant plate..
- Arrange garlic on top of the fish. Add soy sauce, water, salt (if you use some), and white pepper powder..
- Heat water in a pot until boiling. Place the fish in the pot and cover it with the lid. Steam fish for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Place green onions, ginger, and red chili peppers on top of the fish..
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan until it’s very hot. Pour the oil on top of the fish..
- Serve immediately over steamed white rice! Yum! 😋.
If I were to rate how easy this dish is, I would say this is very beginner friendly. Basically, place fish (whole or fillet) in a steam proof dish. The Cantonese-style Steamed Fish recipe out of our category saltwater Fish! Recipe at: http://www.themeatmen.sg/cantonese-steamed-fish The key to a fish or any seafood dish is always in the freshness, the eyes of the fish must be bright Cantonese Steamed Fish. Arrange garlic, ginger, greens of scallions, and mushrooms on top of fish.