Oven Fried Fish and Grits. There are lots of baked fish recipes out there, but this oven-fried version is hands-down our favorite. How To Cook Healthy Fish and Grits. Combine the panko, olive oil, garlic powder, and dried dill or any seasoning of your choice in a frying pan and toast over medium heat until golden brown.
It's all about dipping the fillet pieces in the right ingredients in the right order Oven Fried Fish is a healthy way to enjoy crispy, crunchy, baked fish without the extra calories. This naturally gluten free fish recipe is on the table Oven Fried Fish is healthier than traditional fried fish recipes because it's not cooked in oil. The crispy topping gives the crunch of fried fish, but baking it in. You can have Oven Fried Fish and Grits using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Fish and Grits
- You need 1 of Cod Filet.
- Prepare 1 of Serving of quick cook grits.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini Chopped into bite size pieces.
- It’s A few of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Flour (you can omit this if you like).
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of nonstick cooking spray.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s To Taste of Salt & Pepper.
When you're looking for a fast, flavorful meal, look no further than fish! Parmesan cheese and special seasonings add a bit of an Italian flair to these fillets. Not only is this recipe low in fat, it's delicious as well. So it's sure to please everyone in the family.
Oven Fried Fish and Grits step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray..
- Mix the egg and milk together and place your cod filet in it to soak while you prepare everything else (no longer than 15 minutes.).
- Place vegetables in a foil boat with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Then fold the foil tightly..
- Mix together flour, panko bread crumbs, and Cajun seasoning. take the cod out of the milk and egg and dredge in dry mixture. Then dunk back into the milk and eggs and again into the dry. Lay filet on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray..
- Place the vegetable pack on the same pan with the fish. Cook on the middle rack of oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes (or until fish is crispy and cooked through.).
- While your fish and veggies cook in the oven prepare the grits per packaged instructions. When they are almost done add the cream and butter and whisk well until smooth and creamy. Salt and pepper to taste..
- When fish is done remove from oven. Carefully open the foil pack. With a fork gentle burst the tomatoes (if not already.) This is what makes the sauce..
- Spoon your grits into a bowl. Top with some veggies and sauce. Then Place your Crispy fish on top..
The other day, my husband was asking for fish and chips but with my high cholesterol, I have to avoid things like that. I found in a magazine at the doctor's office this recipe for oven fried fish, which is nice and crispy like the deep fried kind but without all the fat. This is excellent served with evelyn/athens'. Fish and chips are traditionally sold wrapped in paper to soak up all the grease–not a good sign. To cut the calories in half and reduce the fat, we coat the delicate fish in a crispy cornflake crust and then bake it along with sliced potatoes.