Radish and Pear Mul (Water) Kimchi.
You can have Radish and Pear Mul (Water) Kimchi using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Radish and Pear Mul (Water) Kimchi
- You need 20 of cm Daikon (white radish).
- It’s 2/3 of Carrot.
- You need 4 of leaves Cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1/2 of Asian pear.
- Prepare 1/3 of Lemon.
- It’s 1 of as many you like Red chili peppers (sliced into rounds).
- You need 4 clove of Garlic.
- You need 4 slice of Sliced ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of Rock salt (or regular salt).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 of cm Kombu for dashi stock.
- It’s 800 ml of Mineral water (spring water, etc).
Radish and Pear Mul (Water) Kimchi step by step
- Slice the carrots, cucumbers, and radish into 4-5 mm slices, and chop up the cabbage roughly. Finely julienne the garlic and ginger..
- Prepare 7-8 mm pear slices and 2-3 slices of lemon for fragrance..
- Salt the vegetables except for the pear and lemon and let sit until they begin to dehydrate. The water produced from the vegetables you've salted is their juice, so rather than discarding it, use that too in the brine.
- Combine the chili pepper slices, garlic, ginger, sugar to help the fermentation, lemon, kombu for dashi stock, and mineral water, and mix together well..
- Once you've adjusted the salt level, transfer it to a container and leave at room temperature for about 2 hours to half a day in summer, 2-3 days in spring or fall, or 4-5 days in winter. Then, store it in the refrigerator..
- As it ferments, the color of the vegetables will change and it will become thicker and more acidic. Decide when you want to eat it and enjoy..
- [Mul kimchi juice] The juice, brimming with plant-based lactobacillus, is supposed to be very good for your body. It has about 20 times more lactobacillus as nukazuke pickles..
- [Using leftovers] Tomato mul kimchi using leftover juice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153321-using-leftovers-for-tomato-mul-water-kimchi.
- Daikon radish and cucumber mul kimchi https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153861-daikon-radish-and-cucumber-mul-water-kimchi.
- Quick mul kimchi instant pickles https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153950-mul-water-kimchi-instant-pickles.
- Mul kimchi with naengmyun noodles is super delicious. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152409-koreanchinese-chilled-noodles.