Bake Fish Au Gratin. This fish au gratin is the perfect recipe to have in your repertoire for days when you have little time to cook. The mild white fish fillets bake to perfection in a simple sauce with cheese and a buttery breadcrumb topping. Just add a tossed salad or steamed veggies, and you have a delicious meal in.
Place fish in greased shallow baking dish. or cooking oil. Place half fish in greased baking dish. Top with another layer of fish and cheese. You can have Bake Fish Au Gratin using 9 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bake Fish Au Gratin
- You need 4 of fish fillets (1 1/2 lbs.).
- You need 1 1/2 of lbs. of white potatoes.
- You need 1 of big sweet onion.
- It’s 4 of plum tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy whipped cream.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need of Oregano and salt (to taste).
Saute onions in oil over medium heat. Some will flinch at the suggestion of fish and cheese together, I get that. Delicious Fish Gratin with Salmon and Cod Baked Scallops au Gratin is a dish that's sure to impress guests.
Bake Fish Au Gratin instructions
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Wash the tomatoes. Peel and wash the onion.
- Cut the potatoes into medium medallions. Cut the tomatoes into fine slices. Cut the onion into thin slivers..
- In a large and shallow baking dish.
- Put the oil.
- Distribute the oil.
- Put a layer of potatoes in the bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange the fish on the potatoes.
- Cover the fish with the tomatoes.
- Add the salt.
- And oregano.
- Cover the tomatoes with onion.
- Add salt.
- And oregano.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the remaining potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the cream on the preparation.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove it from the oven and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Place it in the oven and bake until the mozzarella are melted.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle it with the parmesan cheese.
- Place it in the oven and bake it until the top is golden brown.
- I hope you like it and try the recipe in your own home.
The following recipe uses humble ingredients to make an outstanding fish dish. Gourmet enough to serve as a company meal, if desired. Melt the margarine and add the flour. Bring to a boil, whisking until thick. Beat the egg and stir into the mixture.