Fontina, Gruyere, White Cheddar and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese. Bacon and Pea Macaroni & CheeseThe Brewer And The Baker. Baked Macaroni And Cheese With Mozzarella And Cheddar Cheese Recipes. Longhorn Steakhouse Mac and CheeseCopykat Recipes.
One of my favorite Macaroni and Cheese recipes to date! We used plenty of cheeses and put a fun kick in the recipe with smoked Gouda! You will also find this macaroni and cheese studded with caramelized apples and salty bacon. You can have Fontina, Gruyere, White Cheddar and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fontina, Gruyere, White Cheddar and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- It’s 1 lb of elbow macaroni.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (1 stick).
- You need 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of shredded white cheddar.
- It’s 4 oz of gruyere.
- Prepare 6 oz of fontina.
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked and coarsely chopped bacon.
Betty demonstrates how to make Bacon White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese. This side dish is enjoyed by little kids–and big kids as well! Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gradually whisk in the Gruyère and Cheddar cheeses.
Fontina, Gruyere, White Cheddar and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese step by step
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook macaroni until barely al dente. Drain and return to pot..
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook till soft. Add butter and cook until melted, stir in flour. Stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk milk and cream into flour mixture until smooth. Reduce heat to low and whisk until it starts to thicken..
- Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add white cheddar, fontina, and gruyere and stir until melted..
- Fold bacon and macaroni into cheese sauce until coated. Spread mixture in 3-quart baking dish..
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden and bubbling..
Remove the pan from the heat and season the sauce to. This post may contain affiliate links. Pour the cheese sauce onto the macaroni and stir well. Gruyère and Cheddar Mac and Cheese. Macaroni and cheese is my favorite kind of comfort food.