Meaty Onionie Sauce, On Hotdogs.
You can have Meaty Onionie Sauce, On Hotdogs using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meaty Onionie Sauce, On Hotdogs
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of molasses.
- You need 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dry mustard powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Hotdogs.
- You need 6 slices of hotdog buns.
- You need 1-1/2 pounds of all beef 1/4 pound hotdogs.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely shredded fontina cheese.
- You need of Condiments.
- You need To taste of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- You need To taste of yellow prepared mustard.
Meaty Onionie Sauce, On Hotdogs instructions
- Brown the beef. When browned drain and add tomato paste, salt, and pepper to taste. It's very important to drain very well..
- Mix the water, vinegar, mustard powder, molasses, sugar, cinnamon, and starch..
- Heat the oil and add the onions and salt the onions just a bit. Sauté till the onions are translucent and starting to brown..
- Add the garlic to the onions sauté for 1 minute..
- Add the ground sirloin mixture, and stir in mixing well..
- Give the water mixture a good stir and add to the ground sirloin mixture. Cook till thickened. Simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Cook the hotdogs as you like. Split down the middle of hotdogs but not totally in half. Add to the bun..
- Add sauce into the split of the hotdog. Shred the cheese..
- Add cheese to the top..
- Add ketchup and mustard. Serve I hope you enjoy!.