Spring Onion Soup.
You can have Spring Onion Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spring Onion Soup
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 TBS of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium vidalia onion sliced thin (1 cup).
- It’s 1 of Leek, sliced thin (1/2 cup).
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onions, sliced thin (1/2 cup).
- You need 2 cups of peas (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- It’s 2 cup of small pasta (dry).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of lemon, juiced (3 TBS).
- You need 1 cup of torn Basil leaves.
- Prepare 8 slices of sourdough bread.
- Prepare 3 oz of Fontina cheese, shredded.
Spring Onion Soup step by step
- Preheat broiler. In a 4-quart Dutch oven heat butter and olive oil over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add Vidalia onion slices; stir until coated. Cover; cook 15 minutes until translucent and soft, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in leek and green onions. Cook, covered, 10 minutes more or until leeks are softened..
- Stir in peas. Add chicken broth, water, pasta, and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and basil leaves..
- Top slices of sourdough bread with fontina cheese. Arrange on a baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top soup with bread slices. Serve with Lemon Sour Cream Topper..