Spinach Risotto. Thus the inspiration for this lovely green spinach risotto. It's a simple risotto—made in the classic way with risotto rice, stock, wine, and. This recipe, based on the nettle risotto from River Café in London, substitutes spinach, which is easier to find and less perilous to.
I had a bad day Instead I set out to make a pot of spinach risotto, my culinary equivalent to a big hug. This Classic Spinach Risotto is a restaurant-worthy meal. It is rich, creamy, and so flavorful! You can have Spinach Risotto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach Risotto
- It’s 8 ounces of cold Taleggio (you can use Fontina or Brie instead, just remove the rind).
- You need 10 of ounces/8 packed cups spinach, any thick stems removed.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cups of finely diced celery.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely grated or mined.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Arborio rice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt, more as needed.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of good vegetable or chicken stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
Follow my step-by-step instructions and treat your family with this elegant dish. This Spinach Risotto is gloriously creamy, flavorful, restaurant delicious and easier than you think! This Parmesan Spinach Risotto recipe is about to become a new favorite! It's easy enough for every day.
Spinach Risotto instructions
- Cut the rind off the Taleggio (or the other cheeses) and discard. Dice the cheese into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside at room temperature as you prepare the rice..
- Line a colander with a clean dish towel and place spinach inside. Heat about 8 cups of water until boiling, then pour over spinach; the spinach will wilt. Let spinach sit until cool enough to handle, then use the dish towel to squeeze out the water. Transfer spinach to a food processor and blend with 1 tablespoon butter until smooth. (You’ll end up with about 1 cup of purée.) Reserve.
- Melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery and garlic; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in rice and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook until toasted and golden, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in wine and cook until it’s absorbed, about 3 minutes. Stir in stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often but not necessarily continuously, until the stock is finished and the rice is cooked through but not mushy, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Stir in spinach purée, then taste and add more salt, if needed. Add Taleggio (or Fontina / Brie) and stir to melt. Serve immediately.
I enjoy concocting new, healthy recipes and spinach is one of the few vegetables that my husband will eat. Shrimp 'n' Spinach Risotto Recipe photo by Taste of Home. The traditional cooking method for risotto involves standing at the stove and stirring almost constantly to achieve the signature creamy texture. This Classic Spinach Risotto is a restaurant-worthy meal. It is rich, creamy, and so flavorful!