Chicken Lombardy. Chicken Lombardy is one of the most delicious ways to prepare chicken breasts. A little fussy, but well worth the effort! I never heard of this dish until two weeks ago.
Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter. Chicken Lombardy is an insanely delicious cheesy version of Chicken Marsala baked to perfection with mozzarella and scallions. The combination of mushrooms in a creamy sauce is delicious over top any protein. You can have Chicken Lombardy using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Lombardy
- You need 1 1/2 pound of skinless boneless chicken brests, sliced into 1/4 inch slices.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour seasoned with 2 tablespoons romano cheese, 1/4 teasppon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning.
- It’s 8 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry marsala wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of teadpoon hot sauce, such as franks red hot.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 cup of fontina cheese, shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of romanocheesegrated.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, thin sliced.
Try this Creamy Chicken Marsala or Creamy Garlic Pork Marsala. How To Make Chicken Lombardy Recipe. To make this chicken Lombardy recipe, saute the mushrooms in butter. Then, dredge the chicken in flour and cook it in the butter.
Chicken Lombardy step by step
- Spray a baking dish large enogh to hold chicken in one layer with baking spray, preheat oven to 450.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Dredge each chicken sice in seasoned flour mixture.
- Place in hot oil, don't crowd chicken, cook until golden on each side and remove chicken as done to prepared pan.
- Add butter to skillet chicken was cooked in, melt and add mushrooms and garlic and cover and cook until tender.
- Uncover and lightly brown mushrooms then remove and evenly place over chicken.
- Into same skillet add marsala and reduce by about 1/2.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, hot sauce salt and pepper to taste and cook about 2 minutes then pour over mushrooms and chicken.
- Evenly sprinkle fontina and romano cheese over the mushrooms and chicken, add green onions.
- Place in hot oven just until cheese melts, 5 to 20 minutes. Dont overcook at this point, you want the chicken to stay juicu.
Transfer the cooked chicken to a baking dish and top with the mushrooms. Deglaze the pan with the wine and chicken stock. Simmer the sauce until thickened and pour over the chicken. The dish is removed from the oven, with the chicken being served immediately. This entree pairs perfectly with a side salad, and your favorite pasta.