Pumpkin and Sausage Casserole. Make This Cheesy Breakfast Casserole Your Go-To Dish For Brunch. I used onion pumpkin which doesn't require peeling and the skin gets soft when cooked. Once the pumpkin is tender, transfer into the bowl with the cooked sausage and add the mustard.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; return to cooking pot. MEANWHILE, COMBINE pumpkin, flour, garlic powder, salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper in medium skillet over medium heat. You can cook Pumpkin and Sausage Casserole using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin and Sausage Casserole
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 lb of bulk sausage.
- Prepare 4 oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of double acting baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of almond flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded fontina cheese.
- Prepare 6 large of eggs.
Slowly add evaporated milk, stirring until smooth. In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract, salt, eggs, milk, evaporated milk, and pecans. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread cubes. Cover the dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
Pumpkin and Sausage Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Split pumpkin in half. Remove seeds. Bake in oven for an hour..
- Scoop out the meat of the pumpkin..
- Brown the sausage. Set aside..
- With a mixer or a strong arm mix the cheddar cheese, honey, pumpkin, eggs, salt, heavy cream, almond flour, and baking powder..
- Fold in the sausage. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Top with shredded fontina cheese. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Let sit 7 minutes. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Stir chicken broth, pumpkin, bacon, Italian seasoning, and salt into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Place spinach, apple, and onion in a salad bowl. Place oil, vinegar, mustard and honey in a small plastic container and fit lid on container. This pumpkin breakfast casserole is an easy breakfast casserole that's perfect for fall or any other time of the year.