Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits. Create Memorable Dinner Meals w/ Ideas For Lip-Smacking Cajun Recipes. Visit Now Find Deals on Cajun Shrimp Seasoning in Seasonings on Amazon. In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
Everyone loved this dish, and everyone in my circle (at the time) cherished this recipe. Bring milk, water, chicken soup base, and smoked salt to a boil in a saucepan; slowly whisk in grits, reduce heat to low, and cover pan. Shrimp and Grits…a traditional Southern dish. You can have Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
- It’s 1/3 lb of Jumbo Shrimp cooked peeled & deveined.
- It’s tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s pinch of white pepper.
- Prepare pinch of smoked paprika.
- You need pinch of garlic powder.
- It’s pinch of onion powder.
- You need pinch of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of marscopone.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of 5 minute Grits.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded fontina cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded Cheeder cheese.
- You need 1 of green onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of cracked black pepper.
Plump Gulf Shrimp sauteed in butter and Cajun seasonings, then ladled over creamy, cheesy grits. The flavor jumps out at you and gets your attention, but Sweet Daddy D's Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits recipe is truly no-angst and simply delicious. Guys, I am obsessed with Cajun flavors, and I think it is starting to show on my blog. I've got a TON of Cajun flavored recipes, I'll link to them at the bottom, so keep reading!
Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits step by step
- Heat oil in pan.
- Mix all dry seasonings in a bowl.
- Toss shrimp in Seasonings.
- Drop shrimp in pan.
- Bring water to boil and season water with salt.
- Add grits go boiling water.
- Stir will they thicken.
- Turn shrimp to sear on both sides.
- After 5 minutes add all cheeses to grits.
- Remove shrimp after searing for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Plate grits and garnish with green onions and black pepper.
- Add shrimp in center.
This time I am sharing a simple, classic recipe of Cajun shrimp with cheesy grits. And I throw in some sauteed spinach for good measure. I'm a big fan of savory breakfasts, and Shrimp and Grits are one of my favorite breakfast foods of all time. Most recipes rely heavily on the shrimp for flavor, but I've loaded up my grits with umami-rich ingredients like milk, butter, cheese, and chicken stock, so this version of the southern classic has a one-two punch of flavor on flavor. Cajun Shrimp and Grits – creamy grits with Cajun-seasoned shrimp with bold and spicy seasonings.