Steve's Chicken Spinach Stromboli. Instead of serving pizza, shake up dinner with a gorgeous stromboli ring. Though it may look difficult to make, it's actually an easy process (see our step-by-step instructions below). Spinach-Chicken Stromboli recipe from Our Best Bites cookbook using the breadstick dough recipe.
Ham and Cheese Stromboli SandwichThe Real Housewives of Riverton. Instead of serving pizza, shake up dinner with a gorgeous stromboli ring. Ham and Spinach Stromboli is a great meal for busy nights. You can have Steve's Chicken Spinach Stromboli using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steve's Chicken Spinach Stromboli
- Prepare 1 lb of Roasted Chicken Cut into pieces.
- You need 8 oz of Shredded Mozarella.
- Prepare 4 oz of Shredded Fontina Cheese.
- Prepare 1 packages of Frozen Spinach.
- You need 1 can of Ready to bake pizza dough.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Shallot.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
It is easy to eat on the run and it delicious warm, cold or somewhere in between. Haul it to the ballpark, send it the next day in lunches or eat it hot at home it is good any way. Stromboli is, essentially, a rolled up pizza so my kids have no problem. Sourdough Stromboli is an entire meal in a gorgeously woven bread.
Steve's Chicken Spinach Stromboli step by step
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Place spinach in some water to thaw..
- Dice chicken and shallot..
- Place small amount of butter in skillet and melt. Add chicken, garlic and shallots then sautee. Season as desired. Cook till chicken is no longer pink..
- Roll out pizza dough. Use rolling pin to flatten..
- Take thawed spinach and pour into paper towels. Use paper towels to squeeze out excess water. Get spinach as dry as you can..
- Place cooked chicken mixture, spinach and cheeses in center of dough..
- Gently fold dough over to form a loaf..
- Lay Stromboli loaf on baking sheet seam side down..
- Whisk egg and then lightly brush onto dough. Do not over saturate..
- At this point you may sprinkle additional seasoning onto dough if you wish. Basil is great or try Parmesan cheese..
- Carefully cut 3 small slits in the top..
- Bake about 35 minutes. Cool, slice and enjoy. Great for dipping in marinara or ranch dressing..
This recipe is inspired by the Rhode Island spinach pie and the Argentinian beef empanada. In lg bowl, combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, oregano and salt. Unroll dough onto floured surface into a long rectangle. Ham and Spinach Stromboli Recipe – a yummy meal for busy nights! Pack this delicious sandwich for a picnic lunch or lunch on the go!