Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry. This is absolutely the simplest way to cook mussels, and perhaps the most satisfying A big pot of them makes an easy, festive dinner any night of the week. Mussels have three things going for them: They're cheap, quick to cook, and delicious. Try this delicious recipe for steamed mussels with tomato and garlic.
Mussels have a wonderful savory briny ocean flavor and are inexpensive compared to oysters or clams. Choose mussels with a tightly closed shell and discard any that with chipped or broken shells. Try Ken Hom's fragrant steamed mussels for an economical and quick supper. You can have Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry
- Prepare 1 lb of steamer clams.
- Prepare 1 lb of mussels.
- It’s 1 of lg shallot, sliced thin.
- Prepare 8 of lg white mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 tbs of butter, divided.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 3 Oz of sliced Spanish chorizo.
- You need 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream sherry.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lg lemon.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped.
- You need of Herbed croutons for garnish.
Discard any mussels that don't close when tapped gently. Set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok or deep pan. Find steamed-mussels stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.
Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry step by step
- Add 1 tbs butter to a deep frying pan. Heat on medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots. Saute until everything sweats off and starts to brown..
- Add second tbs butter, salt, pepper, and oregano. Add mussels and clams. Cook until they just start to open. Stir often..
- Add chorizo, garlic, and sherry. Turn heat up just a bit. Cook about 5 minutes..
- Add lemon juice and dill. Cook 2 more minutes..
- Serve in a bowl, with plenty of pan liquid. Garnish with croutons to soak a little of that up… serve immediately. Enjoy..
Download Steamed mussels stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Leafy vegetables and mussels go in, cover and let it cook. When simmering, add the tomatoes, vegetables and the mussels. Steamed Mussels recipe: Other than the mussels themselves, the only thing you need here is a Remove opened mussels to a serving bowl. For any that haven't opened, cover the skillet and give.