Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce. Melt butter in a sauce pot. Cook on medium low stirring often until shallots start to brown. See great recipes for Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce too!
Sautéed with shallot, garlic, leek, portabello mushroom, and marinated artichoke heart. Garnished with fresh lime leaf and a creamy black truffle infused goat cheese. This super quick recipe for pan seared scallops with a creamy garlic white wine sauce is so easy and you probably have most of what you need in your house right now! You can cook Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce
- Prepare 1 1/4 lbs of sea scallops.
- Prepare of Black pepper, sea salt, and smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need of For the sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of port wine.
- It’s 1 of medium shallot, minced.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tbs of mirin.
- It’s 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- It’s Half of Pinch of sea salt.
This recipe is perfect for unexpected guests, you'll impress them with the flavor but only you'll know how easy it really was. Pan Seared Scallops with Garlic Cream Sauce is an elegant yet easy dish that is perfect for a special occasion or any week-night dinner. This one pan dish will leave you feeling like you dined at a high-end restaurant! BUT- there's another shellfish that you should try- sea scallops.
Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce instructions
- Start with the sauce. Melt butter in a sauce pot. Add shallots. Cook on medium low stirring often until shallots start to brown. Add garlic. Cook a couple more minutes..
- Meanwhile lay scallops out on paper towels. Pat dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika..
- Add port wine to the shallots. Bring to a simmer. Let reduce a little..
- After the alcohol cooks out of the wine, add rest of sauce ingredients. Simmer until sauce reduces to under a cup of liquid. Stir often..
- When scallops are air dried, lay seasoning side down on a plate. Sprinkle again..
- Heat oil in a good fry pan until very hot. Almost smoking. Carefully with tongs, lay scallops in pan. This is why it is important for them to be dry..
- Let brown, flip over and brown other side. You want them to come out medium rare..
- While shallots are cooking, mix a slurry of corn starch and cold water. Add to reduced sauce slowly, stirring constantly, until you reach your desired consistency. I let it thicken until it barely dripped off of a spoon..
- Plate scallops immediately after done. Pour desired amount of sauce over. Garnish with lemon slices and a sprig of dill. Enjoy..
Sea scallops give lobster a fight for the Fabulous Seafood Award. I just made that award up, but let's pretend it's real. These Seared Scallops with Wine Sauce are rich, delicious, and fast- the perfect date-night meal. When the sauce has started to bubble, add the cold butter one tablespoon at a time and stir to make the pan sauce. Add the scallops back in along with any liquid from the dish and just turn them around in the sauce to bring them back up to temperature and to coat them.